View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 02:42 AM   #1
Belle Noir
YT Addict

Default Pixie The Alarm Clock

Pixie is already an early riser. When she was younger (like almost 5 months is all that old) she was up and about wanting to play 5 in the morning. Because I'm usually up all night with insomnia, I got to notice her sleep habits, which would wake me up on the chance I did actually get some sleep.

Thankfully, she has pushed that back to about 6 am. She's still up and about wanting to play.. But now that I am back in school (vet assistant, something I have wanted my whole life), I'm studying when I can't sleep, so no play from me.
But last week I noticed when I called my kids to wake them up for school at 6:30, she ran upstairs to get them. I THOUGHT it was because she heard them stirring. But yesterday morning when I called the girls, she RAN to the bottom of the stairs looking up, listening, and when I called them again, she RAN upstairs and woke them up for me. (nothing like a cold went nose to the face and a licking spree to get you going).

I was telling my young friend that is staying with me about it this afternoon, and repeated the call, "girls, it's time to get up," and she actually ran towards the stairs and when I did it again, because it surprised me, she ran all the way to the steps and then stopped and looked at me like, "hey wait, dey not DERE!!!"

Still it could have been a fluke, right?
Except, just now, when I called for my kids to get up for school, she ran up the stairs before they even answered me. Next thing I know I hear squeals and, "come on Pixie, stop licking me, MOOOOOOMMMM Pixie is being a pest!". My reply? "good! Now get up, it's time for school."

Super Pixie is just too smart for her own good, but it's great having a helper against the ever present, "just 5 more minutes." PIXIE doesn't have a snooze button, lol.
Belle Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!