View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
xBUTTERCUPx
YT 500 Club Member

Default Sister's yorkie attacked by brother's pit bull

My brothers have 2 pit bulls. They are very welled trained and very gentle with my children (8 and 14 months) and my 2-year-old nephew. I know that a lot of people have bad images and impressions on the breed. They are both the sweetest pit bulls I have ever seen.

Today my brothers brought their dogs over to my parents house and left them outside. My dad did not know that they were in his backyard and let my sister's 3 lb yorkie out to potty. My brothers and I immediately ran outside to get him back inside. The pit bulls went to a corner after they were told and stayed there. Stevie (the yorkie) came up to them and barked like crazy and then bit one on the leg. The pit bull just used his leg to push Stevie out the way and Stevie came back and bit him in the nose and all hell broke loose.

By the time my brothers reached their dog Stevie was in his mouth and he was shaking poor little Stevie. One of my brothers held the dog while another had to pry open the dog's jaw so he can release Stevie and got bit in the process.

We rushed him to the vet and he had to be rushed into surgery. I seriously thought that he died because he was limp when he fell to the ground. He is on his pain meds now and is doing fine. We called my sister, who is in Brazil on vacation, to let her know what happened and she said she is going to "kill" my brothers dogs. I don't think that it is fair for her to say that because little Stevie had a bad case of the little dog syndrome.

My brothers feel extremely horrible about this. It could have been prevented but was it their fault that Stevie has little dog syndrome like most yorkies do?
xBUTTERCUPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!