View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #30
Palmerck
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Personally, I think males tend to be more loving to female owners, while females prefer their daddies. Just my opinion based on my own experience.
My boyfriend tries to insist that our female loves him more, but when she's not feeling well, or wants to go outside, or just needs random kisses, it's always Mommy who she comes too! The two of them take naps together on the couch, but Dolly will ALWAYS choose to sleep in my armpit on nights when we let her sleep with us. Even now - he was cuddling with her on the couch, but as soon as he fell asleep, Dolly ran over to be on my lap.

But my BF's sister's yorkie is a male, and even though his sister had him for 2 years by herself, as soon as her boyfriend came into the picture the dog was all about the boyfriend - who didn't even like small dogs!

So I don't think there's any rules to help you!

But I didn't even pick Dolly - I was meeting with a breeder to see if I wanted to purchase from a future litter. Dolly was about 4 months old, leftover from the prior litter, and they were planning on keeping her for themselves. When I was visiting, Dolly ran to me, covered my arms and face in kisses, and then fell asleep in my arms. She threw a fit when I tried to put her down, and tried to crawl inside my coat. So she picked me!

And re: the hyperness- Dolly is pretty high energy, but if I make sure to play fetch, teach tricks, or even just run around in circles with her around the coffee table a few times a day, she's pretty good. I can tell when she needs to get some exercise because she gets really sassy - doing things to get our attention or barking at the littlest noise. Fortunately my BF's dad, sister and both brothers all have dogs about the same age as her, so she's never short of playmates to help her burn off extra energy.
Palmerck is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!