View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #34
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocanady View Post
I bought a 9wk old boy from FancyPups.com and have since read all of the reviews, etc about them. I did take my boy to our vet the next day and was told that he looked fine. Our vet opted to give him his shots - even though Jimmie had given me his "shot record" - the vet said that because they didn't use the "stickers" and it just looked like a word document it was better to be safe rather than sorry.

But now I'm concerned - he seems fine and he is really coming into his personality. We took him out to my dad's on saturday and he had a great tiem...he ran and ran and played and played outside (my dad has a much bigger place than we do) and then on Sunday we took him over to my mom's so he did quite a bit of traveling this weekend. He went to bed VERY early last night and slept most of the night (totally unusual for him) and today he is playing in small bursts and eating in small bursts, but just doesnt seem like himself...should I be worried or is he still trying to catch up from all of his travels from this weekend?

First off 9 weeks is too young to remove a yorkie pup from it's Mom and you should be very careful taking out a pup so young. Chances are he is worn out from all of his socializing this weekend but if he's not back to his normal self by tomorrow (or an ER vet if he gets worse this evening) I would be taking him in to the vet.

IDK if you've got a healthy pup or not, as some problems don't surface immediately, i.e. liver shunt. Hopefully, here in a few months you'll be taking him in to be neutered and can have some blood work done that may be indicative of any health problems like liver shunts. As long as he is acting healthy, eating, drinking, playing, growing, etc., I wouldn't be too worried. If he is not healthy acting, take him in now for further testing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!