Thread: Microchipping
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
Paisley-n-Me
YT 500 Club Member

All of my dogs are michrochipped. I do it myself. The cost is the price of the chip which is $10 -$15 depending on where i order them or if they're on sale at the time. I started michrochipping probably about 12-13 years ago. I used to have/breed Miniature Dachshunds (nice one's for show and companion) and I michrochipped all my dogs and puppies.. even my companion puppies that were placed on spay/neuter contracts. this way the vet doing the spay/neuter could scan the chip and put the chip number on the proof of spay/neuter. Plus the new puppy owner didn't have to pay to have it done.
The michrochips are great in my opinion. I think all dogs should have them.

I purchased the Home Again system back then. So my scanner will only read Home Again chips. It will tell me if there is an Avid chip in the dog but won't give me the actual AVID number. They didn't have the dual readers back when I purchased mine.
I haven't put Paisley's chip in yet. I just haven't done it.. no reason, just not got to it yet.

As for skin reaction or infection.... I have michrochipped several dogs and pups and I have never had a reaction or an infection from inserting a chip. It's pretty easy to do and doesn't seem to hurt them after the stick of the needle. The needle is bigger than a needle you would use for a vaccine so they do feel the stick for sure. I usually rub the skin a bit and then clean with rubbing alcohol and then insert the chip and then rub the skin a little more.
Paisley will be getting her's put in soon.

Last edited by Paisley-n-Me; 09-25-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Paisley-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!