Thread: Food allergies
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

No seasonings were used. The first time everything was cooked in the house on the stove, yesterday we were at a restaurant. I specifically asked for nothing to be put on my food. Elimination diet can't be any worse than not being able to breathe! It was super scary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mky View Post
Glad you're ok. I don't have any allergies that I know of. Any chance it was a seasoning?

I hope you find out soon what is causing the trouble. The elimination diet sounds tough!
Family ate the same things as me at these meals, but not sure what they might have eaten before. Dr told me reactions ate usually within 30 minutes of contact with an allergen, so if it were something they ate, it would have had to been within the 30-45 minutes before we ate together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonk1 View Post
I was also going to suggest any seasoning or event the possibility of a contaminated utensil from a more popular allergen... For example my best friend is allergic to nuts and peanut butter, her boyfriend cannot even have it in the house cause the aroma or the risk of contamination can make her sick (someone not properly cleaning peanut butter from say a knife). So also consider what other people in the house may have eaten around the same time, or what pots and pans may have been used to cook.

Glad you are ok, I hope you find out what's wrong ASAP.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!