View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
ragincajun
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default How to cure one of the seven deadly sins?

Fergie has turned into a glutton. I swear I've never seen such an eating machine.

- In the morning when we let them out of their crates, my other two dogs go straight to the door and do the potty dance. Ferg's hangs a left turn to hit the food bowl. (Yes, she ate right before bed.)
- When I feed the dogs (usually free feed), my Golden will do one or two main sit downs a day and chow down then ignore the food the rest of the time. My terrier is a spotty eater, eating a few bites all during the day. Fergie will bully the golden and eat the entire bowl that is set for three dogs (including one feeding for the 95lb golden). She'll also hit the catfood if any is left by the cats (who also will spot eat during the day).
- Today she ate so much so fast she didn't even chew it, like she thought she wouldn't get a meal (after a month you'd think she'd know better, right?). Then on the way back from the vet she puked three times all over my car and the food bites weren't even chewed.

Gluttony is a sin and overeating can kill her. NOT eating will kill my other animals from starvation due to her gluttony. I can't NOT free feed, cause that's how most of my other animals eat, they won't go eat at one time. How do I adjust Fergs so she's not killing herself and every animal in my house?

PS: We feed twice a day to refill the bowl to measured amounts, once for the morning and then afternoon snacking and then a late afternoon feeding for the evening/nighttime.

Last edited by ragincajun; 09-24-2011 at 07:16 AM.
ragincajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!