View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Roxiesmama
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Won't Let Me Walk Her???

The past few weeks Roxie has been giving me a REALLY difficult time about taking her out. She won't come to the door, and when I pick up her harness and leash to put them on her, she growls and barks at me while backing away quickly. If I get too close she will actually bite me (which has happened twice now). She NEVER does this to my SO, who also lives here.

DBF usually walks her when he gets home from work between 10 am and 12 noon, but he is away until tomorrow, so I rushed home after school to walk her because she was home alone for almost 10 hours. Well, she didn't want to go out with me, even though I know she must have had to potty. She barked and growled and backed away from me. I finally had to trick her by pretending I wanted to play. When she came to get her Wubba from me, I grabbed her. Then she refused to put her harness on. I actually had to wrestle with her like one would struggle with a small child who doesn't want to put on a jacket. It was crazy!

We went out, she pottied quickly, and ran back to the house. When we got inside I didn't even take her harness off, because I am afraid I won't be able to get it on her again later! And then she had the nerve to go wait by the cabinet for a treat!

What is going on here? Why is she giving me such a hard time all of a sudden? I've been her mommy for nearly 2 years, and this started about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by Roxiesmama; 09-23-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Roxiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!