View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom View Post
We have put a good foam topper on the mattress but the sag in our old mattress is so bad that the topper doesn't help anymore. The mattress is well over 10 years old (maybe even more than 15) so I'm sure it needs to be replaced. Just not sure which type to choose. I did read in my research since posting this that "extra firm" is not the best route, like you said. You still need some give to relieve pressure points. I'm so tired of waking up hurting all over. And now my husband messed up his back good this past weekend and the bed is definitely not helping him recover. We're going to look at some this evening but wanted to be a more prepared with reviews.
I had been reading so much about mattresses, and sent away for the information on the Tempurpedic, but I'm just not convinced it's really that much better than other mattresses. Once a mattress sags, it does need replacement. A good mattress is so important, but I do think they all need to be replaced after 10 years, if your back is hurting that means it's time for a replacement!

Join today and remove this ad!