View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Maybe you could get one of those memory foam toppers. We bought a queen size 3 inch from Sam’s Club for $100.00 and I love it. Our mattress was a good one, but around 7 years old, and I started having back problems again. Also, I was getting leg cramps, and I read that pressure spots could cause this. So I was thinking about buying the Tempurpedic when I found these toppers. The one we bought is made from a a material that isn’t supposed to get hot, which is important here in Phoenix, and it comes with a mattress cover, which I’m sure helps as well. The memory foam does take away pressure points, my leg cramps are gone, and my back is no longer stiff in the morning either. I think at least one of these toppers could tell you if you want to invest in the Tempurpedic and both Sam’s Club and Costco sell them and will take these back if you don’t like it, but for me, I’m not sure if I’ll ever get a new mattress, I think I’ll just buy one of these again when it shows signs of wear. Concerning a firm mattress for a bad back, that use to be the prevailing wisdom, but not so much anymore, you want it firm not saggy, but there can be padding that relieves pressure.
We have put a good foam topper on the mattress but the sag in our old mattress is so bad that the topper doesn't help anymore. The mattress is well over 10 years old (maybe even more than 15) so I'm sure it needs to be replaced. Just not sure which type to choose. I did read in my research since posting this that "extra firm" is not the best route, like you said. You still need some give to relieve pressure points. I'm so tired of waking up hurting all over. And now my husband messed up his back good this past weekend and the bed is definitely not helping him recover. We're going to look at some this evening but wanted to be a more prepared with reviews.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!