View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Maybe you could get one of those memory foam toppers. We bought a queen size 3 inch from Sam’s Club for $100.00 and I love it. Our mattress was a good one, but around 7 years old, and I started having back problems again. Also, I was getting leg cramps, and I read that pressure spots could cause this. So I was thinking about buying the Tempurpedic when I found these toppers. The one we bought is made from a a material that isn’t supposed to get hot, which is important here in Phoenix, and it comes with a mattress cover, which I’m sure helps as well. The memory foam does take away pressure points, my leg cramps are gone, and my back is no longer stiff in the morning either. I think at least one of these toppers could tell you if you want to invest in the Tempurpedic and both Sam’s Club and Costco sell them and will take these back if you don’t like it, but for me, I’m not sure if I’ll ever get a new mattress, I think I’ll just buy one of these again when it shows signs of wear. Concerning a firm mattress for a bad back, that use to be the prevailing wisdom, but not so much anymore, you want it firm not saggy, but there can be padding that relieves pressure.

Join today and remove this ad!