View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Taryn0405
Owned by a Gremlin
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to Hot Rod View Post
I do not know much about supplemental milk and things but I would think that it wouldn't hurt to have some on hand to give to her. It sounds as though you are doing what you can for her. I would definitely be looking for a vet who is more versed with smaller dogs.

Can you cook up some chicken and feed this to her along with the brother over mashed kibble? This might help with getting her to get used to different foods. Be careful with baby foods. You want to avoid the ones with onion powder in them as onions can be harmful.

Please let us know how she is doing and I will keep you and her in my thoughts and prayers that she gets better.

Gizmo was very young when we brought him home. Some things that worked for us was soft pet food, his kibble in the food processor with chicken and some of the water that the chicken had been cooking in, and I also put a little cottage cheese and plain yogurt and basically threw it in the food processor. Try making the food warm, it may be a little more comforting.

I also agree with Hot Rod's Mom, you may want to talk tot he vet about getting some milk replacement. This little girl was way too young to come home, and right now you need to be her replacement momma.
Taryn0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!