View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
angieNchloe
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidget529 View Post
What was the last vet's diagnosis? Were any blood tests run?

I would be concerned something is really wrong w this pup, and I would not be happy w the "glibness" of the vets she has been to. This pup is very young to have been placed w a family. Most reputable breeders do not believe in placing before 12 weeks of age due to the small size of this breed. I would be afraid this dog was not weaned and ready for eating on its own being taken from its mother at 7 weeks of age. (I'm not blaming you for this. You are not the breeder who should know this.) It sounds like you love this little one dearly and are trying everything you can to help her.

You might also want to post this question in the breeder's talk section. They are experienced in puppies and might be able to give you advice in how to nurse this precious little one to help it survive this.

I would find a better vet in your area. Hopefully someone from your area might see this and know of a more caring vet to help you. Also, a regular vet you have a relationship w will help you cost-wise and not be as expensive as an emergency vet, although at the time it sounds like you did the right thing taking her to one.
I agree about the puppy being placed in a new home too fast. My Chloe was very healthy and I didn't get to bring her home until 12 weeks. Not to be ugly but sounds like the breeder may have gotten rid of her quickly because they knew something was up.
angieNchloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!