View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
cwill9481
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad I don't know what else to do...

Earlier this month, my fiancé and future in-laws got me my first yorkie as abirthday gift!! She is AKC Certified and absolutely beautiful! It was love atfirst sight. I have never been so inlove with an animal in my life. Mymother actually met my puppy before I did and named her “Bella” because of mylove in Twilight. LOL She immediatelybecame a part of our family.

My future mother-in-law picked up this precious puppy from the breeder onThursday, September 1st, when she was almost 7 weeks old. I got her Friday. Pursuant to the agreement with the breeder,we took her to the vet, just to verify her health on Tuesday, September 6th. After our weekend with her we planned ontaking her to a vet anyway because she did not have energy and did not want toeat. At this appointment we learned thatBella has hypoglycemia. She only weighed14 ounces, she was the runt of her liter. She was very sick, they kept her all day and gave her IV’s. She was sent home with numerousprescriptions, including Nutri-Cal and a prescription dog food. Bella hated this dog food!!! We had to forcefeed her every four hours!! It broke my heart.

We had to take her back later the same week because she was still refusingto eat (other than our force feeding) She was dehydrated again and they kepther all day for IV’s.

The following week we took her to a different vet (the vet my mom and dadhave always used) because she was still not wanting to eat and she was havingtrouble walking each morning when she woke. This vet told us that she was “a stubborn ass” We have tried so manydifferent types of dog food in the hopes that she will eat!! Now she is eating stage 1 baby food (chickenand chicken broth) She was eating thispretty good toward the end of the week this past week.

Then on Sunday (yesterday) I jumped in the shower as soon as I woke up(Bella was barking in her crate) Before I could get out of the shower, my 10year old daughter had brought Bella into our bedroom. (My fiancé tore ligaments in his foot thispast week and can not walk without crutches at the moment) He yelled at me to hurry and get someNutri-Cal… in the 10-15 minutes I was in the shower, Bella had wentunconscious. I went took her to a local Animal Hospitalimmediately.

(please do not be judgmental when reading the remainder of this)

When I arrived at the hospital they immediately took her back and beganworking on her. I was then informed thatshe needed hospitalization and it would cost $500-1,000 (all of which was dueimmediately, no payments allowed) and there was a large probability shewouldn’t make it through the day. Thedoctor told me I had a couple of choices. I could have her put to sleep or I could take her home and care for her,but to be prepared that she have a grave outlook.

So I brought her home. I have criedover her for the past two days. She appearsto be doing better, but I am scared to get my hopes up. She doesn’t want to eat. I am putting baby food chicken and chickenbroth in a syringe and force feeding her, along with some honey and Nutri-Cal…

Anyone have any ideas for anything else I may be able to try to feed her???Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
cwill9481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!