View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
zoeybear
Misssing Baby Chloe
Donating Member

Default Reward or Ransom?

Hi guys, I have been super busy, but wanted to share my story real quick. Last Thurs, Callie got out somehow. She is one who trys to dash thru any open door, so I may have let her out when I was bringing in stuff from my car. We noticed within 10 min of her being gone and we went out looking and calling her name. We searched for 3 and 1/2 hours until it was dark. Calling her name and walking/ driving the streets. We had neighbors, kids on bikes, people on foot. No luck. I was bawling because she has a collar that says "im lost call mommy" with my cell phone #. I knew that someone had her and they didnt call, so they were planning to keep her. At 9PM I had made a flyer and was at the late night fed-ex making 18 posters and 300 fliers. My husband and I went out until 1AM posting them all over the area. We wanted them up for when kids went to school and people went to work Fri AM. We put them on every mail box. at the area schools, Fast food drive thru/ gas pumps. We hung the posters at major intersections. I slept from sheer exhaustion from 1 to 5 AM. I got up and went out to hit all the vets, groomers and starbucks at 6AM. At 10 AM a lady called to say she saw my poster and "thinks" she has my dog. She kept saying she didnt get a good look at the dog she has because it was very nervous, so she put it in her yard and left it alone. This lady turned out to live 4 doors down from me. A "neighbor" if you can call her that. She mentioned seeing my reward poster and said she would be home in about 2 hrs. When she showed up at my door with Callie to collect her $500.00 reward(RANSOM), Callie was still wearing my collar and tag with my phone number. She didnt notice the tag, she did notice a $500.00 reward sign. Can you believe she accepted the reward money? I feel like she stole my dog. If she had let her be, She would have come home,or we would have found her. I walked past this ladys house 3 times yelling Callies name. I hope she uses the $ to buy a hearing aid because I guess she didnt her me screaming my dogs name from the top of my lungs. Anyway, she said she saw the posters at the gas pump, so this is a good spot to post missing fliers. Below is a pic of Callie with her poster! A happy ending and well worth the $500 to have my baby back.
Attached Thumbnails
Reward or Ransom?-callie-home.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!