View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 AM   #8
Muffie's Mom
And now Missy's Mom, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshopper73
You're right. We'd all like to think that it wouldn't happen to us but a plan must come into play.

I only have 2 adult yorkies and they sleep with me so in case of a fire, I've got an exit out of my bedroom that leads outside to part of the patio. Now with puppies, I'd have to go into the heat of it wherever that may be since the pups are in the kitchen in an x-pen.

Hurricanes are easier to plan for. I'd just load them up into carriers and we're off on a road trip.

What about tornadoes? For us, we would need to get to the lowest part of the house or bathtub. Holding on to a frightened dog would not be easy but a carrier wouldn't fit either...so, what do you do if you don't have a basement or storm shelter???
If you don't have a basement or storm shelter, you would go into your most INSIDE ROOM WITHOUT WINDOWS (walk-in closet, half bath with no window, etc). Stay down low. Don't stand in front of windows!

You have to "mentally" be prepared AHEAD of time and now what you should do in case of "what if ______ happens".
Muffie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!