View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
bellemarie
YT 500 Club Member

Default Puppy farm petition- Wales

Puppy Farming Petition - Animal Welfare standards in Wales
Hi,
I am crossposting this (not written by myself) here in the hopes that it may get a few more signatures for the cause!!!

I know there have been many petitions regards trying to stop puppy farming to little or no avail - this is with regards to current enforcement (or lack of it) in such establishments - Petitition text below

"We call on the Welsh Assembly to urge the Welsh Government to stage an independent inquiry into the enforcement of animal welfare standards in the puppy farming industry in South West Wales.

This intervention and independent investigation is as a result of the widespread abhorrence at the ease with which the licences are issued and subsequent lack of enforcement. This abhorrence is creating an extremely negative image of Wales throughout Wales, the United Kingdom and internationally.It is our contention that the setting up of an independent inquiry is the only way forward and will go some way in restoring the reputation of Wales throughout the UK and Internationally.

Hopefully it will also curtail the activities of unlicensed puppy farmers & their reprehensible practices"

You don't have to live in Wales to sign the petition

https://www.assemblywales.org/gethom...htm?pet_id=624

Thanks in anticipation - Please feel free to crosspost
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!