Thread: I failed
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #34
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

awwww... Im sorry to hear that. One of my girlfriends had gestational diabetes during her pregnancy... actually she LOOKED sick. Her body was bloated, I remember saying something to her like she looked swollen everywhere and it didn't look right. She went to the doctors and mentioned it and they did the glucose test and she failed it by A LOT. They didn't even do the 2nd test, they immediately put her on a restricted diet and she had to test her blood 4x a day by pricking her fingers. She hated it and cried a lot during her last trimester. But her eating was out of control. She was eating jars of frosting just because. Once they restricted and she had to do 4 tests a day, she became very diligent and did fine for the rest of her pregnancy only gaining 26lbs overall.

Another friend of mine failed the first test, but right on the line, so she did the second test and passed. It was a long test, like 4-5 hours and they test your blood every hour to see how your body is processing sugar. She was fine and did not have to do anything different with her pregnancy and diet.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Just make sure not to eat or drink ANY sugars over the 24 prior to your second test. Even if its GD, you'll be on a restricted diet and maybe have to test your blood... but its only 2 more months. At this point, you can do ANYTHING! Good Luck!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!