Thread: Breeder concern
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinalove View Post
I realize all dogs get fleas, my concern was that the problem is out of control. My pet has had fleas but I treated the problem immediately. Pets will pick up fleas and where I live is warm and dogs roam into your yard. I just think the problem must be severe if a vet has to mention that there has been a problem with flea infestation . He did mention an illness that he treated her adults for but I can't recall the parasite. I don't want to buy an animal full of fleas. Fleas make animals sick. You have to treat the problem. Adoptable pets at the shelters aren't full of fleas. I personally know that. The breeder that bought my bichon from raised her pets in the home with other animals. Not one flea or problem. Her dogs played in the backyard all the time. When I took my pet to mh vet for the first time no fleas, no illnesses and no worms. Thats what I want to pay for. I don't expect a pet to be perfect but I want a healthy and socialized yorkie.
The parasite that you mentioned may be one that is transfered by dirty water. Cannt remember the name or spelling right now. Dirty water is acquired from bowls that are not cleaned and water refreshed or sometimes just puddles or pond water.
If it were me and the vet had told me that her adult animals had been treated for this type of parasite which the puppies have more than likely been exposed to,there had been a flea problem which probably means tapeworms in the puppies as well as the adults and the asking price was a grand for the males which means more for the females. I think that I would look elsewhere.
You should feel comfortable about the purchase,it is a long life commitment and you may need to talk to this person again about the care of your baby or if there is a problem.

Find a good breeder can be a tuff task. I know that using the yorkie listing can help alot. Good luck.
My lil friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!