Thread: Breeder concern
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #10
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenee4 View Post
I think it's good that she went to the vet for flea medication. At least she is not buying something over the counter at the grocery store that can kill them. Fleas IMO are no problem and can be fixed asap. I am shocked that the vet would even give you info over the phone though? Vet records are like people records and they shouldn't give out info to just anyone. I know with ours we have to call in and give a specific name and they will note in the chart that they can speak with them. As for a parasit with a c? I would guess coccidia...could come from other dogs, birds etc.
Never even thought of that... it is actually a REAL NO NO for the vet to give out info that readily. For instance I had a student buy a horse from a local horse person, and she refused to release the vet records, vet's hands were tied, so when they went for an exam, (same vet) he looked at her took her temp, and diagnosed a major brain problem (which he knew was there, but couldn't say unless he examined the horse himself with the new owner present). If you do go with this breeder, I definitely wouldn't use her vet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!