Thread: Breeder concern
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
tinalove
YT 500 Club Member

Default Breeder concern

I just started researching yorkie breeders in my area. Well I went to a site and I was really impressed. This breeder even put her vet info on the site. I contacted the vet and he said the puppies have been healthy. He saids that she is a very open person . He said that she has had problems with flea infestations and that she claims that the dogs next door bring fleas. He also said in the past an adult dog has treated from some parasite that starts with a "c" I can't recall. I know all dogs can have fleas but we treat the fleas. This kind of made me feel uncomfortable. The site shows these champion bloodlines. Her male puppies are about $1000 and up . Not cheap in the least. I am concerned with a breeder who lets her animals have a "flea infestation" problem so bad that a vet is aware of it. I have a pet and I make sure she is protected from fleas. I know other dogs bring fleas in your yard but thats what flea protection is for. Am I wrong to feel uncomfortable about this breeder? I really would prefer a breeder that has their animals in the house.

Last edited by tinalove; 09-16-2011 at 09:49 PM.
tinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!