View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
No way would I give all those shots especially all in one sitting. To each their own, but I don't even like the lepto or the lyme vaccine. But that's a matter of finding out how prevalent it is in your area. Though I wouldn't get lymes vaccine either way (and I am in a tick-heavy area).

I also don't like to give rabies on the same day as anything else. But I am sure some dogs do fine with it. Jackson had a really bad reaction to the lepto vaccine so never again for him. Bordatella depends... will he be going to dog parks, around lots of other dogs, pet stores, boarded, etc? I DO get Jackson bordatella (the one that goes up the nose) because we've dealt with kennel cough twice and it's just kind of annoying.... so I'm trying to stay UTD with it. But it's not a necessary vaccine by any means and KC is pretty easy to treat most of the time.

I split up Taycie's vaccines up as well. I do the Dis/Parvo seperate. Then I go back in usually 3 weeks time period and do Rabies. I always do Rabies separate.

I also opt to do Bordatella. Some don't care for it but Taycie is out and about where alot of dogs are so I do it.

As far as the Lyme and Lepto go, my vet does not recommend them. They hardly have cases here in Utah so for us we don't do it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!