View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonk1 View Post
How long after removing the chicken would he still be scratching. He's still itching quite a bit, he's still on rice and hamburger, and I just gave him a few little kibbles to start the switch onto the duck... Thoughts?
I started to suspect allergies with Taycie in the beginning of June. She was horribly itchy, scratchy, hot spots, very runny eyes.. It was awful. My vet thought it was environmental, but the anti histamines were helping somewhat, but the entire problem was not solved.

In July she got very sick and I ended up at the E.R. Vet with her. Of course at the time they told me don't feed her regular diet, feed her a bland diet of chicken and rice.

I remember within days I started to notice a difference. All her symptoms stopped as quick as they started.. I remember thinking... how odd. As she recovered, I slowly started to transition her back on her old food. Within days the symptoms all started to come back. That's when the lightbulb came on!

I started working with my vet and she has been on Royal Canin Potato and Rabbit for about 2 months. Her eyes look great, her hot spots are gone.. And her tear stains are also a thing of the past.. For us, it was almost instant I noticed a change.. But I am sure every dog is different.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!