View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonk1 View Post
I used a kennel wipe to get rid of the pee & smell (the package says it's supposed to remove odour so accidents don't reoccur), then I used a low dilution of mr.clean and water... it's what I always use, I also assure it's completely dry before he goes back in the room so that there is no risk of him licking the floor, chemicals etc.

He was given a supplement with the original course of antibiotics to assure the good bacteria was re-established.

They were slightly concerned that he may have some form of urinary infection at emerge (3 weeks ago), but if he had a problem with that wouldn't his pee be darker, not lighter? They told me to watch him, this is the only abormality with pee since the original incident.

There are just so many variables, that now I'm starting to lose track of it all, my poor dog. The vet instructed me about 30 hours ago to watch him, that he didn't need to come in unless he was vomiting, or if we have trouble on the kibble again. I'm thinking I may try the food tonight slowly, this time I'm going to keep the hamburger and rice for a longer period of time while introducing the kibble, I think I did a 4 day switch last time from the bland to the kibble, so I'll do longer...

I'm rather frazzeled so I hope this all makes sense, I'm also on pain meds myself just had jaw surgery. :S
I don't think there is any coloration change that you can see with a bladder infection. Maybe with a kidney infection, but pee color has more to do with how much water they are drinking. Usually with an infection they will have to go more frequently. Sorry you are going through so much at one time.

Join today and remove this ad!