View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonk1 View Post
So Harley just peed on the chair in his room, and had a massive pee on the floor, about 1 foot away from his tray... I'm worried this may be related to all of his stomach problems.

He's 2 years old, and pretty reliable with his indoor toilet, he's been having stomach and vomiting issues for a while now, he was put on a bland diet 2 days ago cause of vomiting. I was going to restart kibble tonight and over the next 5 days... (there was a bacterial infection about 3 weeks ago, and now we're having kibble issues which are possibly an allergy problem). some of my other posts are floating around with more detailed info.

Should I be concerned about this? Or is it maybe just a weird fluke? I washed his floors to eliminate all scent, and just put a fresh puppy pad down instead of his grid, so I can see all pees.

These two pees were pretty clear about an hour apart, they weren't yellow at all, but they smelled like urine. He is on rice and hamburger and I make hte rice really mushy, plus he's drinking bottled water (we also suspected an issue with the water).

Ugh I'm so confused any thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. Should I go ahead with the kibble (like 10 kibbles for today with the rice and hamburger).
Can't answer you on the food, I'd ask my vet for specific instructions, but yes yes and yes, they will have accidents and setbacks when they are sick or stressed. Also, you say you washed the floor, but I just want to remind you that unless you use a specific product that eliminates the protein it's hard to get rid of all of it on soft surfaces; so be sure and use a specific product with enzymes. Here’s hoping Harley starts to feel better soon. Also a warning about the food, every time you make a food switch it's hard on the digestive systems. So go slow and easy. If he continues to have accidents, I'd want to see if he has a bladder infection, but it's not as likely in male dogs. Also, since he had a bacterial infection, you might want to give him some probiotics, especially if he's had antibiotics. they will introduce good bacteria to his intestinal tract. Some people recommend giving probiotics with every food change.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 09-15-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!