View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Angry Would this tick you off?

Ok guys, I am majorly ticked off here and I was just wondering if any of you would feel the same or am I over reacting.

Ok, I live in a neighborhood community where the houses are pretty close to one another. Everyone parks their car next to the sidewalk. We are *supposed* to park our vehicles in front of our house. Well, my husband and I only have 2 cars. I park mine by the sidewalk leading up to our house and he is behind me. Then directly in front of my house is an open area. No one is supposed to park there because it is if front of OUR property and only we are supposed to park there. Each resident in our neighborhood really are only supposed to have 2 cars because that is really the only amount of space that is alotted. Well, our neighbor behind us has a new girlfriend shacking up with him and now is trying to squeeze 3 vehicles (all oversized) into the space where he is supposed to only have 2. Ok, so that is the background.

Now, Wednesday is our neighborhood trash collecting day. We are supposed to put our trash cans just off the sidewalk in front of our house. The garbage truck in our area has one of those mechanical handles that comes off the truck, picks up the can, empties it, and puts it back. There is not a guy that gets off the truck and loads the can onto it. So this is the reason we need to put the trash can in front of our house and at least 5 feet from our car...in order for the trash guy to be able to collect our cans.

Well my husband and I work nights so we are not always able to pick up our trash can as soon as the trash man leaves, BUT we always move it Wednesday night. The can is sitting out there empty a max of 6 hours. As long as we have lived here, there has never been a complaint.

Well I walk outside tonite to go put the can away in it's normal spot behind our house and someone has rolled the can up right to our front door. Kind of their way of saying 'hey, move your trash can.' Well first off, this TICKS me off! That is MY trash can and I pay the bill to have it collected. I also have the right to the concrete that it is parked in. It says so in our lease. But I just know it's our neighbor behind us who moved it and is his way of saying...your can is in my way and now I can't fit all of my 3 gigantic vehicles in as long as your can is blocking my way.

Well, needless to say, I am so mad I could scream right now! That area in front of MY house is not for HIS cars! So I rolled the can right back out there and left it for him to see first thing in the morning. Kind of my way of saying...don't move my trash can! It's my property as long as I pay the bills for it! NOT YOURS! Now, I'm so mad that I think I'll start parking my car where I normally put the trash can. Let's see him try to move my car!

Am I overreacting? I mean, I am a very friendly person. And you know if he would of knocked on my door and politely asked me to move the trash can I would of had no problem moving it. But he didn't ask. He's never even complained about the trash can. But if he had, I would of apologized and tried to set my alarm to wake me up and move it as soon as I know it's empty. But the fact that he just put it directly on my front porch as a 'message' just really makes me so mad. I mean, that is so RUDE! No manners whatsoever!

Sorry to write a novel here, but I am steamed! AHHHH! I hate neighbors sometimes!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!