View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks, I'm slowly working on an elimination diet, which is killing me cause I just got out of the hospital for jaw surgery, and now I'm cooking better food for my dog than I can eat myself... (Carnation breakfasts and ice cream anyone...)

I gave him Fromm duck and sweet potato the other day, and it appeared to go well, but then he got diarrhoea... My breeder told me to give him some low fat vanilla yogurt to harden his stool and then he threw up.. it's strange cause the yogurt has worked in the past. Anyway, he's back on rice and hamburger, and at least he isn't itching, so I don't think he has a beef allergy, which I also suspected. I decided I wasn't going to mess around and bought the leanest beef I could find for him. In a day or so I'm going to try the Fromm again, it has "Chicken cartilage" in it, but multiple ppl at the stores have told me that usually that does not affect a dog with a chicken allergy. I also suspect the diarrhoea might be an issue with his water, so I've bought both him and myself some bottled water (usually we drink filtered water, but both of us have had upset tummys since we arrived home from vacation so I figure I'd eliminate that possibility too). I'm going to see if while on bottled water he can stomach the duck and sweet potato. If not then we'll have to try another diet.

I'm worried cause my vet really really pushes Royal Canin, and I used to feed that to him as a puppy, and he had a terrible time on it. He ate his poo, had massive eye goop and had to eat WAY too much of it to be full. So I don't know what I'm going to try next if this one doesn't work. :S Also too he's a high energy agility dog, so I need to provide him with the nutrients he needs to be that active (if I can ever get him healthy again)..

Sorry just rambling, I can't open my mouth to talk so I'm bound to my computer and blackberry today.. lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!