View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Default What do you consider your greatest life skills/challenges?

What "life skills" do you think you have? Which ones do you wish you had? How do you think these things have affected your life?

I think my strengths are:

- I am a very creative problem solver. For instance, I have a sleep disorder which makes it extremely difficult to keep a 9-to-5 schedule. So now, I have a good job that lets me work from home.

- I'm very curious. I like to learn about new things. Many times I'll take a subject I know nothing about, and become an expert after a few months.

- If I set my mind to something, I accomplish it.

Things that I find very challenging:

- I am impatient and get frustrated very easily. This colors a lot of my life experiences. I constantly find myself angry because I can't find something I expected in a store, or irritated with a coworker for not doing something I asked for. I also get depressed because I am frustrated with my own performance, and sometimes I give up too easily.

- I'm not good at maintaining connections with other people. I will be very bubbly and outgoing for a few months, and then disappear into a hole for a few months.

- I'm not good at accepting things as they are. If I'm in a situation I don't like, I bang my head against the wall forever rather than just going with the flow.

Actually, all of these strengths and weaknesses may boil down to one thing: I know how I want things to be. I will try very hard to make them fit my expectations, which is great when it works, and not great when it doesn't.

. . . . .

How about YOU?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!