View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonk1 View Post
Well on top of the whole episode with Harley (he's better now, but had some medical problems with a bacterial infection) I think I may have figured out one of his other problems, and I want your opinions on whether you think my suspicion is accurate.

Ok so first, the last few days he's been on rice and chicken, and he's been scratching like mad, and licking a lot at his paws (some website said that was a sign), and has for the past little while (few months) started developing dry skin. He has little scabby dry skins (not bloody or anything) all over his back and around his nose (he's not losing hair or anything), and well for the past few months I fidgeted with his grooming products, to find no solution.

My second suspicion is that he got sicker each time I tried to put him back on kibble from the bland diet when he was sick (this happened three times) diahrea being the first "sick" I though originally that it might have been a bad bag of food, but now I'm not so sure. So I decided to switch his food (I wanted to anyway cause he's exercising more). His old food had lots of chicken in it...

So tonight I'm going to switch his remaining bland diet to hamburger (I'm out of chicken anyway) and I'm starting him on Fromm Duck and sweet potatoe.

What do you all think about this, am I nuts, or does it sound like I'm on the right track.
Your right on I think. All three of my Yorkies are allergic to poultry and fish. I home cook, so I know exactly what they are eating. You just never know for sure what's "really" in commercial animal food since it isn't government regulated.

Closer Look At A Rendering Plant
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!