Thread: I failed
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #21
MaddiesMommie
LoveMy2
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenie View Post
I too also failed my first one but did fine on my 3 hour!! Good luck and try not to worry!
Ah, that makes me feel better. thanks. Not as much worry this morning, just starving now and 2 hours to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
lots of people fail the first one sugar just praying for a better second result. You'll be fine either way sweet heart. they will fix you all up so that Mr. Fletcher can get the best diet and health he can get. i know it's worrysome, but you'll be just fine even with gestational and who knows might just be a fluke deal like lots of other women. good luck on the three hour one and i'm praying for you all.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McheleM View Post
I work in a birth center as a midwifery student and we don't even do those sugary drinks....it's way too much sugar and if you do research, they get a LOT of false positives. We offer a meal with the same amount of carbs and we have only had 3 moms in 2 years fail, and only 1 of those moms were truly gestational diabetes and had to be referred out to an OB. I always refuse that test. I am not high risk for it, and it seems stupid to me to ingest 50 grams of carbs in 10 minutes, when I barely ingest that amount all day. I know my body way better than anyone else!

You'll be fine. Lots of proteins will help.
Thank you. Wow! I had to chug it in 5 min! I had 100 grams this morning and feeling yucky. I was shocked I failed. Hoping for better results today.
MaddiesMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!