Thread: loose stools
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Alemany
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 036 loose stools

Hello all.
Recently I rescued a 1 year old male YT named Tobey from a relative's house. He was skinny, dirty, had a lot of ticks and wasn't immunized. To make the story short, I had to feed him with some dry kibbles that I kept for Roxy in case of emergency. The little guy remainded me of a vacumm cleaner as he litterally swallowed the food. I was so terrified by this conduct, since he did not even chew a bit, that I ran to a pet supply store and bought one of those plates with bumps inside to prevent him from swallowing the food at once. Well, since I brought him home he has loose stools. In the beginning, I thought it was due to the fact that I changed his diet abruptly, but he has been in my house for nearly three months now and he still has loose stools. I asked the vet about it and he told me that it should be due to the fact of the eating disorder. I feed him 1 cup of wellness (he is 10 lb), but I am thiking of feeding him a 1/4 of a cup less. He is so passionate about eating that I feel sorry for him, but I have to figure out a way of correcting the eating disorder.
Alemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!