View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 AM   #33
MamaZiggy
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliesDogs View Post
First I have to clarify that this is my second dog. My first yorkie Tommy is 5 and was a very good puppy. He came from a rescue puppy mill so he has TONS of medical issues but one of my dear friends is a vet and I'm happy to say he is very healthy these days. He is also very well behaved, he never ate his poo or barked more than at the door or chewed on my hands or anything. I was living at home until recently so he was used to having someone home pretty much all the time so while it is true I wanted another dog to keep him company I had also been thinking about it for a while. I thought I could deal with it but I think I was maybe hoping I'd get a carbon copy of him. I am not unwilling to work with Sallie, I tried the Forbid and the water (she loves water and the can w/pennies and forbid did nothing). I just didnt want her to get more bonded to me, or have to go through training and things if it didnt work. I think I'm worried training wont work. I've never dealt with behavior issues before so I was a little hesitant but it sounds like it can be done so I will give it a try. I do love my dog I just want to do the right thing for her. I hope this is just a test of my patience and one day I'll look back and laugh.
I believe (as Cesar Milan says) we get the dog we need, not the dog we want.. so maybe like you said this is a test of your patience. My Ziggy barks alot, he's barking right now infact, lol.. and he eats his poo (i think he's out growing it though because now he'll only try to do it about 40% of the time) he chews at my hands and feet.. I am working on all of these things using diverting his attention from the naughty behavior and redirecting and praising good behaviors.. its ALOT of hard work, and im at home with him all day, so i can only imagine how much harder it is for you..

I think you should hang in there, try all you can, and IF it doesn't work then you can find this little one a new home.

I hope things start going better for your family! Oh and bless your heart for adopting your puppy mill baby
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!