View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
111lily222
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Unlove After 32 yrs with us, Rudy went to rainbow bridge :(

I lost my lil Rudy boy this afternoon I know he's not a yorkie but a parrot. I just figured I'd post it in here. For those of you that know as in my other thread he was sick for a few weeks and had a very hard time walking. We found out he had gout which likely was caused by kidney disease a few weeks ago. We'd been giving him medicine religiously. He was trying so hard to fight it but his body eventually gave out. He's been with our family for 32 yrs (vet says he's probably 38-40yrs old) through literally everything: The birth of my daughter 22 yrs ago, deaths, good times, vacations with us, and hard times. He was a little guy with a huge personality. He accepted our other dog Brody and when Louie arrived he showed him who was boss. I'm sure going to miss him so much and already do. He screamed whenever the garage door opened to greet us, in the morning and even when he saw something in the backyard that shouldn't be. We always called him our little watch bird. I think he'd protect us more than a dog would LOL He grew up with my daughter and now our house feels so empty. A lot of people would say he's just a bird but that was never what we thought. We never knew a bird could be so loving and protective and comical until we got Rudy. I think Louie even knows something is wrong. He was laying on Rudy's pillow that we put by his cage so if he fell he wouldn't hurt himself. Even though I find comfort in knowing he's flying around pain free at rainbow bridge with all the animals it's still very hard. He passed away being held and petted with his family around him and that does give us comfort.

RIP lil Rude Dude... I'll always think of you. Mommy and your family will sure miss you and always love you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!