Thread: My little Angel
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #14
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinMia View Post
that is wrong if I adopt a spayed dog and have one not what is the problem. Why are you seemingly so upset. What you are saying sounds like if I am a woman capable of having a child and decide to adopt I should not be permitted because there are too many children in the world. Have your tubes tied and you will be considered. Absolutely rubbish its not about emotional fatalists on save the Yorkies it should be about placing one in a very good home. Please do not lose sight of that. I would never allow anyone to dictate to me how to handle my family and my dog is my family. She lives better than most kids. Cared for dressed spoiled and pampered.

It is so sad to put people through hoops to do a good thing. I did not realize this forum was so political. I thought it was all about the love of Yorkies, my heart is in the right place and won't apologize for my views.
I am at a total loss as to how to address your comparison of being a fertile woman or how that has anything to do with adopting a rescue But I shall try to address is what you feel as someone dictating your pet ownership.

The reason there are so many animals that are in need of rescue is from irresponsible breeding and pet ownership. There are millions of animals killed every year because people like yourself feel it's their "right" to breed. Breeding should be looked upon as a privilege and should only be done to accomplish bettering of the breed. It's disgusting to me to hear of puppies being sold in the local Walmart parking lot, all over Facebook, the internet, Kijji and a plethora of other questionable avenues to peddle puppies for a profit. Sure they had the right to breed but what does it accomplish?

I suggest you take a look in the Sick and Injured forum to see all of the poorly bred dogs that suffer from this need to breed? How about the local shelter and all of the millions of dogs that are PTS every year from this same "need to breed".

When a shelter or rescue stipulate that all animals within your home need to be spayed/neutered to be considered for adoption it is their right as well. They have the right to place any requirements upon you as a possible home for a dog in their care. This requirement is no different than a responsible breeder having a spay/neuter contract.

These same people see unfathomable heartache from all of these poor unwanted animals. They see dogs in horrible condition dumped, abused, neglected that they try to save. These same rescue have financial supporters that hold a standard of philosophical pet ownership and that does not include owning unaltered animals. Straight across the board~it's a basic requirement.

As for fostering with unaltered dog within your home let's address this as well. Many times the dogs that come into foster care are not altered as well. Their previous owners many times have used them to breed. Now you have a rescue in a foster situation with other unaltered animals. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. Being a foster home is not about the foster home it's about the well being of the little foster pup. Just the same way as being the owner of a rescue is about the well being of the rescue.

I wish you luck with wanting to rescue and foster but to be honest any rescue that would allow this to happen under your given situation should be under scrutiny.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!