View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDogBoots View Post
Thank you everyone. So far you are all thrilled!

In the initial phone consultation this morning when she mentioned I would need reading glasses, I asked if that would be with or without the surgery. She said probably either way due to age. I was under the impression that the surgery did NOT promote loss of eyesight when reading.
I was told, that near sidedness and far sidedness were almost opposite conditions, and as you get older, your eye become more far sided, thus needing reading glasses. On the other hand, you near sidedness become better, if I don't ever correct my eyes, the doctor said; I probably won't ever need reading glasses. When I wear contacts now, I do need reading glasses for the computer, or to even read a price tag, so I generally just wear one contact, but again, this is scary for driving, although a lot of people do it. I can tell you, that you have no idea how much of your life is close up work; even putting on makeup is more difficult. I was around 50 when contacts had this effect, and it's great being able to still thread a needle or read a restaurant menu!

Join today and remove this ad!