Thread: My little Angel
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

I understand what you are saying, that you have bred before and are not an inexperienced breeder. I also see what you are saying, that if the rescue is spayed, you obviously are not getting that dog to breed with. Those parts I understand what you are saying. If you want to breed your dog, it's your dog and your right to make that decision.

Where you and I separate in thinking is I do not understand the pregnant woman/adoption correlation. We are not euthanizing children in orphanages by the million a year due to homelessness and no funds to care for them.

I understand your frustration. Perhaps you could watch for an elderly person who needs to rehome a neutered animal and would welcome the home you would provide. Sometimes pets are displaced due to illness or divorce who would appreciate a home. I wish you luck in finding your little one a neutered companion.

Just to get to know each other a little better, I have always had female dogs, and I have never felt the need to breed them. I just could not trust someone else w a little one I helped bring into this world. I couldn't hand them to someone else. I also do not want to risk my pets lives. I work in human med and have seen far too often the things that can go wrong. I would be afraid I could not get to the vet's office in time in the middle of the night. That's me, though. We are all different. Makes the world go round.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!