Thread: My little Angel
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
LovinMia
Yorkie Talker

Love Question on Spaying

I have the intention of her having one litter and they will be given to my family. After that she will be spayed.

I used to breed Lhasa Apos and found when a dog had at least one litter they lived longer. My Lhasas lived to be 20 and 21 where everyone else who spayed immediately dogs lived average of 12 - 15 years. My Vet is in agreement with me provided I breed her at after 2 years old which is the plan then the Vet will spay her after she is ready after delivery.

If a male I believe you should spay asap. I agree with you that there are so many homeless dogs, and there are many irresponsible cruel people, however if adoption made to be so difficult why would anyone want to adopt. I am dismayed in that respect.

I filed out an application, telephone interview and even had a home visit which I passed with flying colors, however trying to get a dog I want and choose from a selection and hope to be considered has been less than fun experience, as compared to going to a location of puppies and finding one choosing and going one excited. The hassle to adopt sends people straight to the pet shop especially when you can buy a puppy for about same cost of purchasing one without the difficult process of adopting.

I wish to foster as well as adopt a spayed companion for my little girl. I think it would be a good experience for myself and my little bundle of lightening.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!