View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

I am sorry you have such a hard time. You sound so frustrated. I tried to research the threads to see how old your baby is and I see that you got him in November so he is still a baby it sounds like. It takes at least a year to fully house train most yorkies. They really don't have much control of their bodily functions and cannot "hold it" for very long until they are at least 6 months old.

Trust me, though, he wants to please you and he is not doing this to "get back at you" or to punish you or because he is jealous. He is like a newborn baby and it will do no good to "punish" him. It is okay to correct him when you catch him the act of pottying away from a pee pad. Say no and pick him up and move him to the pad where you say "potty" and pat the pad. When you catch him actually going on the pad it is time for a PARTY and praise praise praise and treat treat treat, Always have treats handy to encourage good behavior. He will work for those treats.

I know you feel like giving up and if you really feel that another home would be better for him then the sooner you rehome him the better, but I think you can still make this work if you have a little more patience with him and wait for him to mature a little.

Good luck and please let us know how things go. Others will have great ideas. This is a wonderful forum for this type of support.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!