View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Dog breeds you think you'll try in the future

I have a few breeds in mind for the future but I am not sure I'd want them anytime soon... at least while Jackson is still here. So I'm talking 15 or more years down the road for some of these.

Mastiff- I could see myself with a Mastiff when I'm maybe not as active or into traveling, doing dog sports, and being really active in general with my dog, but just wanting a companion/protector who would enjoy evening walks, or even when I have a family. I would not mind the extensive training or socialization that, I think, should come along with the breed at all. But lately I've been really into Mastiff's but I just know they would NOT fit my current lifestyle at all. American Kennel Club - Mastiff

Pugs- I think they are so fun! But again, I am not sure it'd be what I'm looking for currently in my life. I think they would be a great breed when I have a family someday and just want a friendly dog who will love everyone and not need a ton of exercise (but I'd be willing to give it of course too but didn't NEED it so much). I just think they are so loveable and comical. American Kennel Club - Pug

German Shepherd- I had one growing up and unfortunately we got her from a bad place, plus her lack of training/socialization, and exercise, she ended up hating strangers. But she was an amazing family dog and really the first dog I truly bonded with. I still have fond memories of her. I'd really love a go at a well bred well trained GSD again someday but again, not currently in my life would they be a great fit. I'd wait until I was more settled.

Now, breeds that I probably WOULD own with Jackson and in more current... maybe within the next 3 years or so.

Border Collie- I've been so intrigued by them lately but I really need to meet more to get a real feel for them. But since I am so active and enjoy doing things with my dogs, I think they would be a good fit. Plus I think they are gorgeous. I like their size too, not TOO huge, but not too small either.
American Kennel Club - Border Collie

Papillon- I think they are adorable, lively, smart, and so fast paced which I love in a dog. But I am not sure if our personalities would mesh yet, again I'd have to meet more of them. American Kennel Club - Papillon

Westie- I've always had a soft spot for Westies. Actually Jackson kind of reminds me of a lot of the Westie's I've met in personality so I really think I'd love them. I attend some of the Westie meet ups they have at our dog park by pure accident and I always love seeing a park full of them. American Kennel Club - West Highland White Terrier

But really... I like having 'matching' dogs, Ha!! So I think my second will most likely be a Silky since they look/act so much like Jackson and I just can't let my heart pull me away from getting a Silky as my second dog. So that will probably end up happening... and then maybe one day down the road I can get two other matching dogs and have two pairs, aka 4 dogs (this is wayyy down the road!! )

Bored tonight... so, guys, do you have any breeds you'd like to try out?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!