View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I agree too! With Blue Wilderness, Joey had thick brown goopy discharge, not a mild tearing, as soon as I eliminated the BW, his eye discharge was reduced remarkably, but not totally eliminated. At first, I didn’t even think of the food, I just didn’t know that a food could cause this. You’re right, it caused major staining, and when Joey’s breeder saw it asked what caused it, I was so embarrassed to say, I changed his food, she totally doesn’t believe you should experiment, once you found something that’s working. While humans may love variety, it really isn’t that good for Yorkies whose digestive system is considered one of their downfalls.

I honestly was at the point that maybe her tearing was just because of "genetics." She actually didn't tear too bad until she was about 6 months old. Teething, obviously played into it at that point but the staining wasn't as bad as it has been since this summer.

In July, I had to take her to E.R. vet over the 4th of July weekend and she was diagnosed with Gastroenteritis. Her tearing was the worst at that point. During recovery, the vet told me to feed boiled chicken and rice. During that week, her tearing basically stopped. Her ears stopped getting bright red and she also stopped scratching. I went from giving Benedryl daily to nothing.

It then dawned on me... hmmmmmm I really wonder if she actually has issues with her food. My only battle was at the time I was feeding her Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Venison. I thought how could this be on a LID diet??

After her E.R. Episode, I slowly started to transition her back on her NB. For about 5 days things were ok then the old symptoms came back.. almost as quickly as they left.

LONG story short and working with my vet...that is when I started to have a open mind. Bottom line I knew if her eyes could clear up.. "genetics" for Taycie at this point was not our answer.

So RC for us it is. But like I always say, May not work for some, but it works for us!

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 09-07-2011 at 07:54 PM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!