View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post
I agree. I can "educate" myself just like everyone else does through the good old internet and maybe check out a book at the library. But, in the end, I don't know really know anything about nutrition then the next person that posts

As far as tearing goes it really got bad this summer. I do think she does have some enviromental allergies, but now coming full circle and looking back at it, I think our food was a main contributer.

We can still have a high pollen count and her tearing can't even compare to what it was. Not even close. And my biggest eye opener was, if she tears, she does not stain. I just wipe her face and its nice and clean again
I agree too! With Blue Wilderness, Joey had thick brown goopy discharge, not a mild tearing, as soon as I eliminated the BW, his eye discharge was reduced remarkably, but not totally eliminated. At first, I didn’t even think of the food, I just didn’t know that a food could cause this. You’re right, it caused major staining, and when Joey’s breeder saw it asked what caused it, I was so embarrassed to say, I changed his food, she totally doesn’t believe you should experiment, once you found something that’s working. While humans may love variety, it really isn’t that good for Yorkies whose digestive system is considered one of their downfalls.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 09-07-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!