View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
At one time holistic meant something good, and wasn’t just an advertising ploy. Doctors treated the person as a “whole” not just a variety of symptoms. I really believe in this philosophy because just treating a symptom, can cause you to mask the underlying problem. However, in recent years “holistic” tends to mean just about anything, there is no formal definition, but it sounds good to most people, so advertisers throw the word around. Any person, can call themselves a “holistic practitioner”, you need absolutely no credentials. Anyway, holistic just means natural nowadays, but natural, is not as safe or healthy.

You mention the tear stains, and while they are common in puppies that are teething, I don't really think they should be accepted that readily in adult dogs, you got to wonder what else is going on there, but you're right, they can take a while to get rid of. I tried the other food twice, just to be sure it was the food causing the eye problems and with the second experiment, it really took a long time to completely eliminate the tearing. Joey's tear free now and hopefully will stay that way, and we have big time environmental allergies here with our dry air, so I know food makes a difference. Anyway, so glad you found something that works for Taycie, I think we can offer people suggestions on what works for our dogs, but telling someone else their brand is bad without any nutritional training doesn’t cut it for me.
I agree. I can "educate" myself just like everyone else does through the good old internet and maybe check out a book at the library. But, in the end, I don't know really know anything about nutrition then the next person that posts

As far as tearing goes it really got bad this summer. I do think she does have some enviromental allergies, but now coming full circle and looking back at it, I think our food was a main contributer.

We can still have a high pollen count and her tearing can't even compare to what it was. Not even close. And my biggest eye opener was, if she tears, she does not stain. I just wipe her face and its nice and clean again
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!