View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
There’s an old saying, “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!” This sure applies to the advice you get on nutrition over the internet! People read a few sites and parrot what they’ve read, and after you read it enough you think it’s the truth, or at least has some merit to it. Not so, Even the statement about preservatives cause cancer is loaded. Do they really? Or is this just a lot of hype? By the way, saying that dogs get more cancer since kibble was invented is misleading, another thing that happened is that people are spaying and neutering their dogs, and dogs are living to old age. I know so many examples of people whose dogs died before they were 5 because they ran away and got hit by a car. Unneutered dogs tend to run away. Cancer is as old as humans are, it has been found in Aztec mummies, and it's not something new that causes it. If you live long enough, something is going to get you, heart disease, or cancer; I don't care how well you take care of yourself. If you take care of yourself, maybe you can last a little longer, or at least be healthy in the meantime.

I switched from RC because of stuff I read here about it, people acted like it was a mediocre food, just because it wasn’t 5 stars rated on some web sites. These people have no training in nutrition though, they are supposedly unbiased regular people choosing what they think is the best food. The food I switched to, gave Joey terrible eye drainage, and I’m really ticked off about switching. I switched back to RC, and decided to ignore all those who slammed it. Joey’s doing really well on it, no tummy upsets, vomiting, diarrhea, or gas, no eye drainage, low formation of tartar, and his coat is unbelievable. Royal Canine has been working with the Yorkshire Terrier Club of American breeders and they really are dedicated to making a formula that Yorkies thrive on. Lots of people here have said, “If it aint broke, don’t fix it”, well this now is one of my favorite quotes.”

I for one am very thankful for RC it has been a LIFESAVER for Taycie. I also fell into the bandwagon that if I wasn't feeding a natural and holistic diet then I was doing more harm then good when it comes to food. Never was I going to feed something other then a 4 or 5 star rated food. But, sometimes, in life you need to keep an open mind. I have had to learn this.

After a year of trying many holistic brands, one thing or another something always fell short. In the beginning it was finding something her stomach could handle, then I would get that issue under control, but battle tear stains, very runny eyes, itchy skin......

I finally decided enough was enough and her quality of life was the most important thing. After working with my vet we decided to put Taycie on RX Royal Canin Rabbit and Potato, 6 weeks ago.

Within a week, the redness in her ears disapeared. She quit scratching herself and her eyes quit running.
Now.. I am proud to say after a YEAR of tear stains, they are gone. My friend recently commented on her face and said, What did you do? How did you get rid of all the red by her eyes??? I said, It's the food!!!

Her coat also looks incredible. It's never been this shiny. I do keep her short, however, I can tell the difference.

I am very happy with it. And If I decide to switch it will be with a consultation with a BCVN and my vet. I will say that bottom line every dog is different and every dog thrives on something that some would do poorly on, so, I am with you Nancy, If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 09-07-2011 at 11:25 AM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!