View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
angieNchloe
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

It does take alot of time and energy to raise a new puppy, especially one that is showing signs that your not used to.....

As far as the feces/stool eating...here is a copied and pasted insert from pet md.com

There are several possible causes of dogs eating their own feces or other non-food items, including malnutrition, vitamin deficiency, increased appetite, or conditions such as diabetes, or thyroid disease. Parasites can be another of the causes for this behavior.

This is something that upsets me because most vets only use a bandaid, they give you something to put on the food and don't take the time to see the underlying reason a dog is eating it's stool, because this is NOT normal for any dog.

Possibly you can get some help with training...and allow someone to train your dog and then you reinforce that training.

If you feel in your heart you can't do this...I would offer this baby to someone who really wants it and is willing to take all the time it needs to get it trained.

It's really hard to work and have a new dog. I know you'll do what's best for the dog.
angieNchloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!