View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliesDogs View Post
I am still new to this site but I am not new to yorkies or dog owning. I have had many animals and only gave up 2 before (a chameleon and a guinea pig) for thier benifit. I would never have dreamed of even thinking of getting rid of one of my dogs, but my new puppy is pushing every button and now I wonder if I'm even cut out to have her. Sallie is very hyper and entergetic and wears out my older dog. I have been fighting a poo eating issue which just as it seems to get better, gets worse. The other day I went to work and she ate her poo then threw up and then had diarreah and then ate that. I can't watch her all day and I really can't afford to keep her in doggie day care everytime I have to work. She is hard to walk, barks constantly for no reason and is pretty much driving me crazy. I do love her and I try and exersize her and play with her but I have to work and I was hoping I could leave her home with my other dog to keep him company. She is already 7 months old and hasnt calmed down or stopped trying to eat things. I get so frustrated, I wonder if I should give her to someone who maybe has more time or other dogs who are are entergetic so she can play more. I'm just not sure I'm doing the right thing for her or me at this point.
It sounds as though you're saying you got her simply to keep your other dog company?

She needs your time, she needs training, and she definitely needs lots of exercise. Puppies can be frustrating and require nearly constant supervision. When left to their own devices, bad things will happen. It is the same with children. Yorkies are terriers and do require lots of exercise and attention. I can't tell you the right thing to do, but it is clear that what you've been doing isn't working. By exercise, I don't mean walking a few blocks. Consider walking miles. Yorkies don't calm down by seven months. Some don't calm down by 1.5 - 2 yrs. It depends on their particular personality. Given the right environment most yorkies are pretty high energy dogs most of their lives.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!