View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 05:25 AM   #29
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom1970
The majority of show breeders do make money. Regardless if they want to say so or not. The marjority of pups in a litter is going to be pet quality. What do you think they do with those pups? If I am able to fulfill my dream of showing someday, i'll be the first to admit if I make any money. Yes, I understand their show fees are not cheap. But they do make money. No one will convince me otherwise. Unless they only show the dogs they own and do not breed them. I'm on a quest for the truth tonight I guess.

A show breeder can have a substantial bill to finish a dog. If you have more then one out at a time you are talking a sizeable chunck of change. Buster is entered in 3 shows this month- being owner handled. The fees for the 3 shows was close to $80.00. Add in parking, gas, food, supplies and going back and forth for the three days ( and this is for local shows) and you have over $125.00 for the weekend. This is a bargain weekend.

The further the shows add more expenses in for hotels, more gas more food, wear and tear on your car and possibly handler fees. Try doing this several times a month. The average person has a hard time with the expense.

Do some make money well it may look like it- but when you turn around and reinvest it bak into your dogs you have not. If you were lucky the profits helped to pay for this addicting and expensive hobby.

Am I tickled when I place a puppy- yep I sit and figure what I can do with this- how many shows will this pay for and plan my schedule for Peggy ( handler) May sit and think I really like a certain dog and would love to have a puppy from this breeding. Pay stud fees that range from $500.00 to $1,500.00 and not get a puppy. In some instances can not get a rebreeding and have flushed that investment down the toilet.
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!