Thread: Dental??
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennxling View Post
It would be a non-anesthetic dental. I wouldn't put my babies under unless they needed extractions. Thanks! It's just that many said that yorkies NEED dental at least every 1-2 years...and they are 2. It's the first time we went to this vet, but I really liked the veterinarian. I did ask at least 3 times about dental and she told me the same thing (that it's not needed). I thought I'd come here for opinions. Oh, does anyone have pictures of their baby's teeth to show what it should look like? I will take one of mine when I get a chance so you have a better idea of whether they should get a dental. lol
If your vet said they didn't need a dental I would accept that as the proper answer. Personally, I would never do a non anesthesia dental. They are not recommended by board certified veterinary dentists. If you have healthy does there is nothing wrong with putting them under anesthesia if done properly. The other "dental" is a surface tooth scraping and does not get the teeth properly cleaned.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!