View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
It breaks my heart every day a rescue I have on FB does an urgen list for the NYC animal control and 99 percent of the dogs listed are PitBulls, including young puppies. I don't know if any of you read the story about Max the elevator puppy. He is a Pit and a survalience camera caught his owner waiting until the elevator door shut and then beating him senseless. Well, the camera, got him six months in jail and poor Max was given a death sentence. He ended up in the NYC shelter and was eventually put on the death list. He was deemed to have some issues. Well, if you were beaten and treated as he was you'd have issues too. A nice guy named Jeff who wrote the book An Hour w Patrick (Patrick was the starved Pit found almost dead in a garbage shute in Newark, NJ) Well, Jeff went to evaluate Max. Turned out Max was a love. Gently took meat from Jeff's hand, kissed him, walked nicely and the only interest he showed in other dogs was to make friends with him. Max is now at a rescue and is being worked with so he can be adopted. He's the lucky one. Most are put down.
let us not forget Mick Vicks dogs. Some will never make it out of rescue. some have homes. thank goodness for the guys the stood up for them. You wanted to be in the room the day someone made a hurrah comment about Mr Vick in my hearing... I made them cringe by the time I was done..

JL

Last edited by YorkieMother; 09-05-2011 at 07:52 PM.
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!