View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Well IMO that doesn't sound like a reason to breed, save it for the professionals, the people who have been doing it for years, the people who know what they are doing and dont get a hair up their bum and want to just breed so they can have (1) show dog.

Instead of breeding why don't you go to the shelter and adopt a dog who doesn't have a family.
Let me see... go to a shelter.... for me that did not work as they could not get past the fact I have a 9 yer old aggressive reactive neurotic on prozac yorkie. Heck now rescues will not touch me cause I have an unspayed 19 week old girl in my house that all I want to do is show her.

Now if we discourage everyone out there to never show or learn to breed then where will our loved bred come form as the old timers stop breeding.
should there not be others wanting to learn and breed coming behind them.
Better suggestion maybe find a mentor or ask for help from your pups breeder to get started. Or if you are just looking to get another show dog and maybe not breed at all which is the routie I personally my self rather go then to start breeding go find another breeder to sell you another show dog.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!