View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #7
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
I think the biggest issue is people acquire dogs they can't handle. It's not just big breeds, small breeds too. I would have loved to have a large breed dog in my life, but I realize they are more than I can physically handle. In my hands, a large breed dog could be dangerous, and I realize that. I have a yorkie instead, and a well behaved one too.
I feel that way too. I would have loved to have had a large breed dog. We actually had a Golden (We got him when the boys were young). My youngest was severely allergic. Instead of selling him, I located a family through our vet that lost their old sheepdog and we gave him to them. His allergies is how we started with the Yorkie breed. As he got older his allergies and asthma cleared. I would love to at this stage have one bigger dog to take walking and running etc with, and have learned to really love the Pitties, but I also know that with certain breeds they are more dominant and need a domanant owner. I can't even dominate my Yorkies. They train me. Ha ha. Hence, I need to stick with the small breeds.
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!